Job of the Week
2nd Engineer - 70m MY
Junior 2nd Engineer required for a 70 metre motor yacht based in Palma More…
Our company aim is to maintain and improve a personal recruitment consultancy which embodies professionalism based on quality standards, ethical practices and integrity. Exceptional service shall be provided to clients and candidates, equally.
It is our policy to meet and exceed the changing needs of our clients, candidates and appropriate statutory authorities through the continued positive development of our methods and our staff.
We are committed to protect client's interests by providing discreet and trusted services to meet our client’s requirements and expectations. This will be accomplished by implementing and meeting standards of quality management.
We will provide prompt and effective advice appropriate to the client's needs at a competitive price.
These will be enhanced by operating and maintaining the Quality Management Standard ISO 9001:2008 and the ILO Maritime Labour Convention, 2006.
- We listen and take time to understand your requirements and never knowingly create a match for Candidates/Clients who differ widely from your expectations.
- There is a mandatory marine medical and statutory training which needs to be undertaken before employment, within superyachts, in order to comply with the 'Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping' (abbreviated STCW). Those courses are available at approved marine training establishments worldwide. Details and payment of course costs are from the individual to the training organisation. Medicals are similarly obtainable from approved marine medical practitioners.
- There are no fees involved for candidates registering their details with wilsonhalligan.
- wilsonhalligan have a commitment to ensure that personal data is processed following the principles of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 so that any personal information received is:
- processed fairly and lawfully
- obtained only for specified and lawful purposes
- adequate, relevant and not excessive
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up-to-date
- not kept for longer than necessary
- processed in accordance with the subject's rights
- kept secure
- not transferred without adequate protection
- We do not forward Candidates CV's unless we have their prior permission.
- We forward applicants to Clients selectively and endeavour to introduce Candidates to those yachts for which they will be most suited. It follows that we will not send masses of superfluous CV's, or offer to individuals, clearly inappropriate yacht positions.
- When we have introduced a Candidate to a Client, we keep both closely informed of the progress towards completion.
- We seek to verify the credentials of the candidate and their references.
- We are straight with you: as a Candidate, if we cannot envisage finding something for you within your preferred period of availability, we will let you know; as a Client, if we cannot find a suitable person to fill your vacancy in a reasonable timeframe, equally we will let you know. This will enable you to assess your options realistically and move forward. For the future, however, we would always strive to help.
- We are conscious of our responsibilities to offer professional, knowledgeable and constructive guidance, when sought. Although informed, this includes sharing our personal perception of the superyacht world.
- We adopt a highly personal, yet discreet and professional, approach in all that we do.
- We are committed to quality and work to the ISO 9001:2000 standard for quality management.
- We know the business, and understand the issues.
Working for wilsonhalligan
We are fortunate to have experienced progressive, year on year, growth in the company and this is reflected in the number of new individuals we have been able to engage, selectively, within our shorebased office.
We feel strongly that the company's development is very largely due to the quality of our people, their involvement and commitment. It is our belief that individuals, like-minded to our existing team, are vital to maintain the strong working unit and atmosphere that we have here: a healthy balance of fun within constant professionalism.
As such we always remain alert to interest from talented people who enjoy the yacht world and want to contribute positively, be involved and respected, and receive assistance in their personal development.
Should you wish to be considered for any positions that may arise in the future, you are welcome to apply with your CV and a short covering note, to Terry Wilson on his email address, email@example.com